Fincantieris Q1 Results on Track to Meet Business Plan

first_imgzoom Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri reported a EUR 1.104 billion in revenue and income for the first quarter of this year against EUR 1.048 billion (approximately USD 1.19 billion) year earlier, up 5.3% compared to the same period of 2016.The company’s EBITDA was also up year-on-year standing at EUR 67 million against EUR 51 million in 2016, with EBITDA margin increasing to 6.0% marking a major improvement from 4.9% of Q1 2016, the company said.According to Fincantieri, the results are in line with the Business Plan 2016-2020 targets.The shipbuilder’s total backlog came at EUR 26.6 billion, covering approximately 6 years of work if compared to 2016 revenues. The backlog as at March 31, 2017 was EUR 20.8 billion up by over USD 5 billion from a corresponding period from last year with 103 ships in the order book.Since the start of the year, Fincantieri secured contracts for a total of 19 cruise ships, including options.Specifically, 2 ships have been ordered for Carnival’s brands Princess Cruises and Holland America Line; 4 ships plus 2 options for the Norwegian Cruise Line brand; binding agreements with CSSC and Carnival for the construction in China of 2 ships plus 4 options; letter of intent signed by VARD for another expedition cruise vessel, and memorandum of agreement signed in April for 2 ships plus 2 options for Viking Ocean Cruises.Three cruise ships delivered by Fincantieri’s yard in the first few months of the year, those being Viking Sky, Majestic Princess and Silver Muse.“The group will continue its work to achieve the growth targets envisaged by the Business Plan. In this respect I would like to point out that over the two-year period 2015-2016 we have hired around 600 people in Italy, while the increase of production volumes has added around 3,000 jobs in our subcontractor network. Furthermore, we expect to hire another 400 people in Italy in 2017 only,” Giuseppe Bono, Fincantieri’s Chief Executive Officer, said.Looking ahead, Fincantieri expects its shipbuilding segment to benefit from further increase in production volumes coupled with improved margins, primarily thanks to the start of construction works for cruise sister ships, ordered in the post-crisis period at higher prices, to full-swing production for the Italian Navy’s fleet renewal program and to the full start-up of design activities for the Qatari Ministry of Defense contract. Actions to increase profitability through production synergies with VARD will also continue to be pursued.last_img read more

Read More →

Govt to spend over 8m on Public Sector pay raise

first_img Related Items:budget, public sector, raise, salary, washngton misisck Recommended for you Government surplus $60M, slammed by PDM Party Government gets extra $11 million; 2015/2016 Budget now $236 million Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 10 Feb 2015 – The Salary pay grade review is done and come April 1st, most public sector workers will be getting a raise; it’s a raise the Finance Minister last week announced will cost the country over $8million dollars. “I think the Public Service regarding exercise is costing the Government close to $9 million overall. So we are at a stage now where we are in a position to start to focus on the people who work in this economy in the public Sector, who is responsible for collecting revenue, and who is responsible for helping Government to function and they will finally be recognized by having their pay scales regarded.”While the actual review of government worker salaries is the responsibility of the Deputy Governor’s Office as Anya Williams heads up the Civil Service; it is up to the elected government to budget for the increases which Minister Washington Misick when describing the Financial and Strategic Policy Statement for this upcoming budget year said: A key policy highlighted in the FSPS was the implementation of the proposed pay and grading review, to address pay anomalies in the public service, and assist in the recruitment and retention of critical front line staff. “There was a pay grade exercise done previous to the current government coming to office which had suggested somewhere between $4 and $5 million dollars of additional expenditure to re-grade public service so that they were adequately compensated and so that people were in the right grade based on the performance requirements of the positions of they were expected to hold and perform at. The government did not have the money until now to do so, now that the country has rebounded and the government has the money a decision was made to implement the regarding exercise, and as I said, in terms of some new posts in the re-grading itself we are spending an extra $9 million dollars on public service salaries.”Last month the Premier announced that his administration, is this year, more focused on people. FOURTH QUARTER FINANCIAL REPORT 2015/2016 Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Read More →

Mango Reef now in Turtle Cove

first_img Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 14 Jan 2015 – The Mango Reef, one of the islands most popular restaurants is reopening in a new location and this time it goes to Turtle Cove, more specifically, the marina. Mango Reef has been in its new home since late December, boasting of a busy Christmas season and right now preparing for an opening party from 6-8pm later today. “Well, the opening is just gonna be for Concierge to come and see what we are offering.”Mango Reef now occupies the former Tiki Hut. Lobster season open with huge hauls Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Tiki Hut host Job Fair then Hurricane Relief fundraiser, Oct 27 Related Items:mango reef, moved, opened, tiki hut Butch not buying Alexandra Resort, Mango Reef leavinglast_img read more

Read More →

Supervisor Fletcher proposes first responder behavioral health program

first_img September 9, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Posted: September 9, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, Updated: 10:50 PMcenter_img KUSI Newsroom 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher Monday proposed a free program to offer behavioral health support to first responders.The Fire Captain Ryan J. Mitchell First Responder Behavioral Health Support Program would offer confidential mental and behavioral health support by connecting first responders with a clinical professional via a dedicated phone line, website or smartphone app. The program would be open to first responders in any jurisdiction of branch of public safety.Fletcher proposed the program after speaking with firefighters and law enforcement officials around the county during a listening tour earlier this year. According to Fletcher’s office, he named the program after Cal Fire Capt. Ryan Mitchell, who took his own life in 2017.Fletcher announced the program during a news conference with officials from Cal Fire Local 2881, the San Diego County Deputy Sheriff’s Association and local first responders.“Improving the public’s health is one of our core priorities,” he said. “Preventing suicide by increasing awareness, combating stigma and improving access to the mental health system are all vital steps to improve wellness of the community, and specifically first responders, with this new program.”The county Board of Supervisors is expected to vote on Fletcher’s proposal during its regular meeting on Tuesday. Supervisor Fletcher proposes first responder behavioral health programlast_img read more

Read More →