Small fire causes minor damage at Hockinson High School

first_imgA small fire in a soap dispenser caused minor damage at Hockinson High School Thursday afternoon.Firefighters from Fire District 3 responded to the fire, which ignited in the boys’ bathroom on the main floor, said Battalion Chief Dave O’Brien.When firefighters arrived, the building was evacuated and the fire was extinguished by school staff.“There was a lot of smoke and a lot of fumes from burning plastic,” O’Brien said.Damage was minimal.The soap dispenser was destroyed and there was a little charring on the wall, he said.Fire marshals are investigating the bathroom blaze, which appears to be intentionally set, O’Brien said.Hockinson School District’s first day of school was Wednesday.last_img

Read More →