Consignia posts its intention to outsource HR

first_img Previous Article Next Article Comments are closed. Consignia is set to outsource its HR administration in a 10-year deal worth£600 million in a bid to cut HR costs and update its IT systems. The troubled firm, which is losing £1.5 million a day, will put the contractout to tender in May and aims to sign an agreement this financial year. Gerry Smith, who is responsible for Consignia’s HR administration, whichcosts £60 million a year to run, said: “Currently our HR systems arepredominately paper-based. We want to equip ourselves with modern HR equipmentand processes in line with other modern employers.” The deal would include all the company’s 900 HR administration staff andprovide all areas of functional HR, such as payroll, benefits, sicknessabsence, training, and recruitment. Smith said the move would open the way for Consignia to modernise its HRsystems by increasing its use of e-HR. “The company has an intranet site, but it is not as well used forHR-type process as it might be,” he said. Consignia is looking for a large outsourcing firm with a proven track-recordin managing contracts on a similar scale. Related posts:No related photos. Consignia posts its intention to outsource HROn 23 Apr 2002 in Personnel Todaylast_img read more

Read More →

Hunt: ‘It won’t happen again. Plain and simple.’

first_imgTerrel Hunt watched the final 33:24 and the overtime periods of Syracuse’s season-opening win against Villanova with Omari Palmer and Josh Parris.They were injured. He had been ejected for punching Villanova linebacker Dillon Lucas in the face mask with his left hand.Speaking to the media Tuesday evening for the first time since the ejection on Aug. 29, Hunt said that his return on Saturday at noon against Central Michigan won’t be a do-over. His team beat the Wildcats with Austin Wilson playing the remainder of regulation and double overtime in the 27-26 SU win. After a week-plus of apologizing to his teammates, talking to Orange alumni and preparing for the Chippewas, the SU starting quarterback is eager just to play a competitive game again.“I want to stay in the game all four quarters and win,” Hunt said. “That’s all.”The punch was out of his character and a response to what he maintains was a late hit to the head. It was also a response to what he said were dirty plays earlier in the game.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textIn addition to his teammates, former SU stars Donovan McNabb and Floyd Little forgave Hunt, he said.“He told me exactly what I already knew,” Hunt said of his conversation with the former SU quarterback, McNabb. “I got to keep my cool, be composed. Whatever we said was between me and him. But the moral of it was, ‘Just be calm, you’re the leader of the team. You can’t let little things affect you.’“… We’re men. It’s a tough sport, it’s emotional,” Hunt said.When asked how he’ll prevent further outbursts from happening again, he responded, “It’s not going to happen again. Plain and simple.”While Hunt said the extended break was tough, it didn’t spawn any seminal reflections.“Nothing I didn’t already know about myself,” he said. “I’m the same person. I made a mistake. It’s simple. You make mistakes, you learn from them and you move forward. That’s all.”When offensive coordinator George McDonald was asked what he wants to improve on against from the Villanova game to the Central Michigan matchup, he said he just wants a complete game from Hunt.“I want to see Terrel Hunt not get thrown out of the game,” McDonald said. “I want to play a full game with our starting quarterback. I want to get in the flow and I want to see us just go out and execute.” Comments Published on September 9, 2014 at 8:27 pm Contact Jacob: [email protected] | @Jacob_Klinger_ Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

Read More →

Broward Mayor Wants County to Reopen Monday

first_imgBroward County Commissioners are meeting to draft a Phase I plan to get some businesses back open by Monday. Governor Desantis allowed the other counties to begin reopening last week. Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties have had the highest number of cases and deaths due to coronavirus in the state.Broward County leaders spent Monday afternoon discussing a possible plan to reopen the area by May 18th, coinciding with neighboring Miami-Dade County’s planned reopening.According to Broward County Mayor Dale Holness says, “The sentiment is that, whether or not Miami goes on the 18th, we will go on the 18th.” Holness said the specific rules for the different industries are still being ironed out and will be released soon. “We’re looking at beauty salons, hair salons, nail salons, restaurants opening on the 18th.” Businesses that don’t comply with the guidelines will be shutdown according to commissioners.Retail businesses will be allowed to open at 25 percent capacity. Officials also green-lighted a drive-in movie theater.Holness added, social distancing mask requirements will still be in place.Holness said many local mayors want to allow more than the 25 percent capacity designated by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.“A large number of them wanted 50 percent or more because the restaurants are telling us that they are not going to be able to be profitable at less than 50 percent,” said Holness.Though, he said the governor would have to agree to this change.Beaches in Broward are still off limits for now. Same with housing development gyms, which did not get 75 percent of the municipal mayors’ approval.Broward County is also launching an antibody testing program with Nova Southeastern University.There will be an 11 am virtual workshop on Tuesday to discuss Broward’s reopening.Palm Beach took the first steps to reopening yesterday.last_img read more

Read More →

World Cup kisses goodbye to Africa; Nigeria and Algeria out

first_imgNigeria’s goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama fails to gather a cross from which France’s Paul Pogba scored the opening goal during the World Cup round of 16 soccer match between France and Nigeria at the Estadio Nacional in Brasilia, Brazil, Monday, June 30, 2014. (AP Photo/David Vincent)RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Nigeria and Algeria made World Cup history for Africa and now leave with their heads held high.Despite tenacious resistance, Africa’s last representatives were sent home on Monday by France and Germany.Those two former champions will next play each other on Friday in Rio de Janeiro. That quarterfinal means Europe is guaranteed at least one semifinalist in this World Cup that has smiled on the Americas, supplier of eight of the last 16 teams.With exceptional saves, goalkeepers again starred both in France’s 2-0 win over Nigeria and Germany’s 2-1 marathon against an Algerian team whose bravura has been among the many revelations of this surprise-packed tournament.This was Algeria’s first taste of World Cup knockout football, having never advanced from the group stages in three previous attempts.Germany needed extra time to win after both teams failed to score in two absorbing halves, and it let Abdelmoumene Djabou get a goal back in the dying seconds, doing  little for the three-time champion’s credentials as a favorite to lift the trophy again on July 13.France, winner in 1998, looks the sharper of the two. Germany’s tactics of pushing players forward and leaving a large chunk of defending to goalkeeper Manuel Neuer would almost certainly undo it against a stronger attack.Other highlights of another dramatic day at one of the best World Cups in memory included:—France’s Paul Pogba scored the 146th goal, pushing the tally from this tournament beyond that of South Africa in 2010, with 10 matches still to play.__The goal total climbed to 150 by the end of Monday’s two games, after an own-goal from Nigerian captain Joseph Yobo that sealed France’s win, extra time strikes for Germany from Andre Schuerrle and Mesut Ozil, and Djabou’s consolation goal. If the current average of more than 2 goals per game holds through to the final, Brazil could finish with the highest goals total of any of the 20 World Cups. The total to beat is 171, scored at France 1998.—Luis Suarez confessed. Having previously denied that he bit Giorgio Chiellini, the disgraced Uruguay striker reversed course, apologized to the Italy defender and to “the entire football family” via Twitter and vowed that his third ban for biting would be his last.Chiellini quickly tweeted back: “It’s all forgotten. I hope FIFA will reduce your suspension.”Suarez is serving a four-month ban for what FIFA’s disciplinary panel ruled was a “deliberate, intentional” and unprovoked bite in Uruguay’s 1-0 group stages win against Italy. Without Suarez, Uruguay promptly lost 2-0 to Colombia in the last 16.—Facebook said it passed the 1 billion mark in World Cup interactions. No other single event has generated this much activity in Facebook history.Before Brazil, Africa never had two teams make the knockout stage at the same tournament. Like Cameroon (1990), Senegal (2002) and Ghana (2010), the Nigerians were hoping to reach their first quarterfinals after twice stalling at the last 16.And with goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama flying like Superman, it seemed for a long while that the Nigerians might do it.The Super Eagles sank claws into France in the first half, with tough physicality viewed leniently by U.S. referee Mark Geiger. In Paris, an ocean of fans watched on a giant outdoor screen at Paris City Hall. Encouragement even came from the famed Orsay museum, which is tweeting photos of blue-themed artworks to encourage Les Bleus. After Edgar Degas’ “The Blue Dancers” on Sunday, Monday’s choice was Lucien Levy-Dhurmer’s “The Inlet.”France had the best first-half chances and squandered them. Pogba fired a right-footed, taekwondo kick-like volley straight at Enyeama. Brazilian TV’s speed trap clocked the ball at 87 kilometers (54 miles) per hour off the midfielder’s foot.After Enyeama got a hand to Karim Benzema’s second-half header, tipping it over his crossbar, the French striker kicked one of the posts in frustration.In South Africa, goalkeepers complained of strange swerves from the ball and there were epic mistakes from Brazil’s Julio Cesar and England’s Robert Green.But Brazil is becoming a gallery for their art.Against Germany, Algeria’s Rais Mbolhi somehow got fingertips to a pile-driver off the right foot of German captain Philipp Lahm and stopped a point-blank header from Thomas Mueller.At the other end, Neuer dug himself out of a goal-mouth scramble and then hoofed an extraordinarily accurate kick up-field to Schuerrle, who couldn’t capitalize on the chance, failing to wriggle free of an Algerian marker. Neuer also showed great athleticism and anticipation haring out of his box against Algerian attacks.The acrobatics prompted a tweet of admiration from Gary Lineker, top scorer at the 1986 tournament for England: “The quality of goalkeeping at this World Cup has been extraordinarily high.”Enyeama will rue his mistake that led to the French breakthrough. He flapped at Mathieu Valbuena’s corner. The ball flew kindly to Pogba, who stepped away from Yobo, his marker, to coolly head it in.When the ball bounced off Yobo’s leg to make it 2-0 for France, Paris crowds erupted with waving flags, raised fists and lusty renditions of the anthem, “La Marseillaise.” With each additional victory, the team is winning forgiveness for the disgraceful strike by players at the last World Cup.“This team is a pleasure to watch,” French President Francois Hollande purred on Twitter.Germany, less so. But if it finally hits top gear next Friday, their quarterfinal could be a classic.___AP writer Elaine Ganley in Paris contributed. John Leicester is an international sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at [email protected] or follow him at http://twitter.com/johnleicesterlast_img read more

Read More →